- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 yellow onions, finely diced
- 3 (28-ounce) cans imported crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1/2 a bunch of minced Italian Parsley
- 1 large handful julienned fresh basil leaves
Heat a large saucepan with olive oil over medium heat
Add the finely sliced garlic and onions to the pan. Cook until translucent.
Next add the canned crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper, parsley, basil and stir.
Allow the sauce to come to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes. Stirring to make sure nothing sticks.
Add meatballs, cover and simmer for an additional 35 mins.