- 1 cup rice
- home made PacoTaco seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 1, 12 oz jar of preserved tomatoes
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 oz (or 1/2 a tin) canned corn
- 8 oz (or 1/2 a tin) canned black beans
- 8 oz (or 1/2 a tin) canned kidney beans
Put a few tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauce pan, once hot add onions, PacoTaco seasoning and celery. Sautée until the onions begin to brown slightly. Add the tomatoes and cook down for 10 mins. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add the rice and reduce heat to simmer, cook for 20 mins, stirring every 5 mins. Once cooked, add cilantro, corn and beans. Stir gently then remove from heat.
Serve with Chili Lime Stone Chicken.