- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp TAPATIO Salsa Picante (hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped, or 1 tablespoon, dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 28 oz can peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can Red Kidney Beans (do not rinse)
- 1 15 oz can White Kidney Beans (cannellini) (do not rinse)
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans (do not rinse)
- 1 12 oz can corn kernels (drained)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup jalapeño slices chopped
- chopped fresh cilantro
- diced white onion
- shredded Extra Sharp Cheddar
Heat Dutch Oven (LeCreuset) on MED-LOW HEAT with tbsp olive oil, add garlic and onions sauteé until translucent.
Add the spices: oregano, bay leaves, chili powder and cumin. Cook for 2 minutes.
Add ground meat and roast while breaking it up. It’s nice to get the flavors into the meat while it’s cooking, not after it’s cooked. Cook until light pink, not totally cooked.
Then add the celery, jalapeño pepper and cans of tomatoes (scrape bottom and sides).
Add the rest of the ingredients, stiring gently as not to break the beans, reduce heat to lowest low.
Let simmer for 3+ hrs. Stir every 20 mins or so.